Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Big Mac

Do you remember having your first Big Mac from McDonald's? I do, I was 9 years old and I was with my Dad and I was soooo excited to eat a big person's hamburger. Ronny says he remembers the first time he had one too. I asked a few other people and they remember there's as well. I think the was some right of passage, at least for my generation. Well last night we went to McDonald's for dinner. (Let's just say it was a stressful day!) Both Charley and Joseph asked if they could have a "big" hamburger this time. Apparently they are now past the happy meal stage (thank goodness for that!). Big Mac's were on sale so we agreed. We told them both to remember how old they were when they had their first Big Mac. Someday they will be a part of buying their kids their first Big Mac too. If you remember your first time, let us know.

3 comments:

Kristen Crockett said...

You had sophisticated taste for a 9 year old! I remember trying one and thinking (remember the jingle)"two all-beef patties--ok, special sauce--yuck, lettuce--yuck, cheese--ok, pickles--yuck, onions--yuck, on a sesame seed bun--ok" I graduated to ordering TWO of the plain-Jane hamburgers!

Jen said...

I can honestly say I've never had a Big Mac...and, it has nothing to do with not eating at McD's...I've just never had a Big Mac. Too many other things on the menu I'd rather have.

NW Harbert's said...

I remember my first big mac. I was living in Germany and I was somewhere around 10. My second daughter is 7 and loves big mac's. Is that too young?