Saturday, May 05, 2007

Boys Week: Day 5


The first Saturday of each month Home Depot has a "Kid's Workshop". We've never done this before, but after I heard about it I knew I would have to make it a part of our Boy's Week activities. I was told that we should get there early, because when they run out of supplies, the workshop is over. The workshop runs from 9am to noon, and we got there just after 9am.

Today the project was an herb garden. One of the Home Depot Helpers was kind enough to snap a picture of all four of us. Either I trust Sam implicitly, or I know that he can't get much power into his swing (I'm holding the nail for him). I had to chase Ben around the store, and Sam was grumpy because he had fallen back asleep this morning after waking up at 6am, and I had to wake him up when we left for the workshop.

Sam didn't want to put on the apron, and he was reluctant to show off his finished project. Joseph had a blast. He loved hammering, and actually did a pretty good job. He has already asked if we can go next time. All in all, it was a fun experience. Maybe we'll try to make this a monthly affair, although next time I think I would prefer to leave Ben behind.













Funny story: We have to go by the movie theater to get to Home Depot. As we passed by, Sam announced the he wanted to go to the "Popcorn Store". Apparently we don't all go for the movies. I told them that if I could get the house clean this morning, that we would be able to got to the popcorn store after lunch. I guess we'll have to see if the boys cooperate. If we go, we'll be seeing Meet the Robinsons.

1 comments:

LizzyP said...

This is cute! Joshua calls Mexican restaurants "chip stores"--his preferences are completely transparent that way.