Monday, August 15, 2011

It's A Go

Aaron's echo looked good today. Only left to right shunting, and full heart functions. He continues to have thickening in his heart muscles but the hope is that will either diminish or he will eventually grow into it. The question of when to ligate is soon going to be the golden question. Today in rounds they have determined he is ready to wean the milrenone, very slowly. Only about 10% and we will see how he does over the next 24 hours. The hope is to be off by the end of the week. His feeds have been increased to 8 mls every 3 hours which is sufficient to put sildenafil in although we are waiting on that until the milrenone is off and he is doing well. Aaron will most likely have another echo sometime this week to make sure his body is handling the wean alright.